It has been a while since I put together a list so I figured now would be a good time to gather all the Easter resources here at Desiring Virtue into one post for easy navigating as Holy Week, Good Friday and Resurrection Day draw nearer. Life seems to be swirling around me like a raging tornado these days (no really, I never know when a toy, macaroni noodle or spit up will come flying my way), but I was reminded through Pinterest of all places that Easter is fast approaching. About a week ago I saw that several of the ladies whose boards I follow pinned the Easter printables post I shared a couple years ago here at DV. Today I will link to that post as well as a few other posts that may encourage you to treasure Christ and His marvelous work on our behalf all the more this Easter…
- Easter Egg Printables-This post contains a collection of printable Easter Egg fillers to go along with the candy and little trinkets you normally fill the plastic eggs with for children. The verses are meant to be a helpful way to draw your children’s attention to the ultimate joy and hope we have in Christ.
- Easter Reading Recommendations-A list of nine books that would be a blessing to read during the Easter season.
- Our Family’s Easter Traditions-Take a peek into our family’s traditions through short explanations and pictures. Maybe you will find something to inspire a new tradition in your own family!
- Fun Easter Printables-This post has two printables: New clothes tags which display Bible verses about our new life in Christ as well as the first Easter egg printables I created.
- Easter Traditions-This post contains 12 different meaningful, Christ-centered Easter traditions I collected as I began pondering how I could capture this holiday and use it to draw our family closer to the Savior. If you have never thought about how to keep your children’s focus on Christ during Easter, this may be a helpful place to start…
- 3 Ways to Tie in Easter with Christmas-Here are a few ways you can help your family make the connection between Christmas and Easter.
- Book Review: The Donkey Who Carried a King-This is a guest post I wrote last year at Redeemed Reader on R.C. Sproul’s children’s book which would be a great addition to a child’s Easter basket!
- Teaching Your Kids About the Resurrection-My friend Melissa Deming at Hive Resources interviewed the author of the new children’s Easter devotional Why Easter? and I am looking forward to getting a copy of it for our family in the future!
Lists is a an ongoing series of posts that is made up of just what the title suggests–lists. As my bookmark bar gets loaded down with good reads, challenging blog posts, and interesting products I collect them here. Sometimes they follow a theme and sometimes they are completely random.